Following candidates are selected for admission (winter 2016-17 semester) to the PhD program beginning on 2nd January, 2017:
- 2016211017 - NANDRE ASHISH GOKUL
- 2016211045 - KHANNA ANKITA ANILKUMAR
- 2016211071 - PATHADE TAKSHASHILA ANAND
- 2016211121 - SWATI PRIYA
- 2016211094 - JAYANTI MISHRA
- 2016211059 - LIKHADA DARSHANA BADRUBHAI
- 2016211088 - PRANAV VERMA
- 2016211078 - SHIV DEV PANDEY
- Click here to pay through Eazypay, ICICI Bank. FAQs are available on their website.
On receipt of confirmation from Paytm / ICICI Bank that the candidate has deposited the fees, she/he would be granted provisional admission. The provisional letter of admission will be sent to the candidate over the e-mail ID recorded in her/his application form.
If the candidate does not deposit the fees within the above dates, it will be presumed that the candidate is not interested in accepting the offer of provisional admission and the offer shall stand cancelled.
The admission is provisional and is subject to meeting the eligibility criteria, submission of original certificates of the qualifying degree as well as other documents for verification on the date of Registration or latest by 31 March, 2017 failing which the admission is liable to be cancelled.
Filling of online Application Forms commences on
14 October 2016
Filling of online Application Forms closes on
18 November 2016
Date of entrance examination and Interview
06 December 2016
Registration and document verification of selected candidates at DA-IICT
02 January 2017
DA-IICT invites applications from bright scholars interested in pursuing research in ICT and other allied domains. The doctoral program at DA-IICT is an intense program geared towards preparing students for careers both in academia and industry. We offer a PhD programme in ICT, which in turn is represented by the following disciplines: Electronics & Communications, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Computational Science, Humanities & Social Sciences, Design and ICT for Development. The candidates interested in any one of these disciplines, or in interdisciplinary areas, are encouraged to apply.The details of the faculty members, with their research interests and research groups can be found by here. Candidates are advised to interact and discuss their prospective research supervision with faculty members over email and/or in person. Admission to the PhD program is conducted twice in an academic year, once prior to the Autumn semester (July) and the other prior to the Winter semester (December)
DA-IICT admits doctoral students under four categories:
Category A: Candidates willing to pursue research in ICT, and related domains must possess a degree in:
- M.Tech. / M.E./ MCA/ MSc/ MPhil / B.Tech/B.E or equivalent degree in ICT/CS/EC/IT/EE/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Bioinformatics/Electronics or other appropriate disciplines.
The candidates should have obtained at least 60% marks or its equivalent in the qualifying degree as per the norms set by the degree awarding Institute/University.
Category B: Candidates seeking admission to PhD Program in Computational Science, Mathematics and Natural Sciences must possess the following qualification:
- M.Sc./M.Tech./ MPhil/ B.Tech. / B.E or equivalent degree in Engineering Physics/ Computational Science/Scientific Computing/Physics/ Mathematics/ or other appropriate disciplines.
The candidates should have obtained at least 55% marks or equivalent as per the norm set by the degree awarding Institute/University. M Phil Degree holders will be preferred.
Category C: Candidates seeking admission to PhD Program in Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences must possess one of the following post graduate qualifications:
- M.A./M.Com/MBA/ M.Phil or an equivalent Degree in the desired discipline.
The Candidates should have obtained at least 55% marks or equivalent as per the norms set by the Degree awarding Institute/University. M Phil Degree holders will be preferred. The candidate must furnish a clear academic statement of purpose (SOP) conveying his/her intellectual background, research interests, achievements, and competences.
Note: Candidates with M.Sc./M.C.A., unless they have a subsequent M. Phil. degree will be considered equivalent to candidate with a B.Tech./B.E. degree and are required to fulfill additional course and research requirements.
The decision of the competent authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Category D (Sponsored Candidates):
Candidate interested in pursuing Ph.D. in ICT and related areas must have at least 60% marks or equivalent in the qualifying degree, and must satisfy the following criteria:
- Educational qualifications as mentioned in category A or B above with three years of relevant experience.
- The candidates should be sponsored by an R&D organization with whom DA-IICT has established over five years of cooperative research programme or has signed an MOU.
- The Candidate who intends to apply in this category should forward his/her application through proper channel, that is, a forwarding certificate/letter by the head of the department/institute.
DA-IICT reserves right to relax eligible criteria for the sponsored category for deserving candidates based on candidates research profile and experience.The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Rs. 15,000 per Semester
Rs. 2,500 per Semester
Rs.12,000 per semester. The male PG students have to make their own arrangements for accommodation. A good number of paying guest facilities are available in Gandhinagar which can be availed by the students. A limited number of hostel accommodation is available for female PG students for which the first preference in allotment will be to outstation students.
|Caution Deposit||Rs. 15,000 (Refundable at the end of the Program)|
At the time of admission an amount of Rs.30,000/- (Rs.15000/- towards tuition fee for the first Semester and Rs.15,000/- towards caution deposit) is to be paid. The registration fee is payable at the time of registration and hostel rent on allotment of the hostel room. The Institute reserves the right to revise the fee and payment structure at any time without any notice.
Financial assistance: The following is a summary of financial assistance provided by the institute to the non-sponsored category students.
DA-IICT fellowship: All those admitted as full-time PhD students will be eligible for financial support in the form of Teaching Assistantship (TA) / Research Assistantships (RAs). The assistantship is Rs.18,000/- per month at the beginning and may get revised up to a maximum of Rs.24,000/- per month based on the research performance of the student. The responsibilities associated with the teaching / research assistantship includes conducting laboratory courses and tutorials for undergraduate students, assisting in teaching, research projects, and academic administration.
TCS Research Fellowship: The Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has recognized DA-IICT as one of the Institutions to administer the TCS Research Scholar Program. This prestigious program provides attractive doctoral fellowships to full-time students pursuing PhD programs in selected areas. The eligibility and other details are as follows:
- The scheme is open for Ph D students in their first year of the program.
- Students who are within 28 years of age, having a first class throughout their education, and wish to pursue research in broad areas of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology and Software Engineering.
Period: For a maximum of four years or submission of thesis, whichever is earlier.
Fellowship: Rs. 28,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs.32,000/- per month for the next two years. Other Incentives are:
- A contingency of Rs.1,00,000/- is available in first year for use during the tenure of studies.
- A student enrolled as TCS Research Scholar is eligible to receive support for paper presentation in one International refereed conference, held outside India, and two National/International refereed conferences, held in India, during her/his tenure.
CSIR-NET Fellowship: Candidates who have qualified through the NET examination and admitted to the program can avail their CSIR fellowships.
Number of Seats: Typical intake is about 10-15 each year.
- The admission to the program is through a two stage process for the candidates who fall under the eligibility Category A and B. This involves (a) shortlisting (mostly through DA-IICT’s PhD entrance test OR GATE/CSIR-NET/JEST score OR CPI in M.Tech (ICT) for DA-IICT graduates and (b) a personal interview. The candidates appearing for the personal interview will be evaluated by a panel of expert faculty on foundational as well as specialized topics based on their background and research interests. Hence, the candidates are required to submit the following as a part of their application:
- A one page statement of purpose
- Name(s) of faculty members at DA-IICT under whose supervision they would want to pursue research, in the application form
The following guidelines apply for the shortlisting process:
- The candidates should appear for DAIICT’s PhD Entrance Test to be conducted 06 December 2016 between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm at DA-IICT Gandhinagar. PhD entrance test syllabus can be found here. A sample PhD entrance question paper can be viewed here The candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on either their performance in the DA-IICT PhD Entrance test OR based on a valid GATE/CSIR-NET/JEST score OR based on their CPI that is greater than or equal to 8.00 in their M.Tech (ICT) program at DA-IICT.
- Candidates not shortlisted based on their GATE/CSIR-NET/JEST scores will be required to appear for the DA-IICT’s Entrance test. This will be notified through the call letter sent to the candidates.
How to apply
- Please submit online application form by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) Click here to apply online.
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for admission into the PhD. program.
- Eligible Candidates who have not been invited directly for the interview are required to appear for DAIICT’s PhD Entrance Test to be conducted on 06 December 2016 between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm at DAIICT Gandhinagar.
- The candidates shortlisted based on either their performance in the DA-IICT PhD entrance test OR invited directly for interview based on their GATE/CSIR-NET/JEST score OR CPI greater than or equal to 8.00 in their M.Tech (ICT) program at DA-IICT, have to appear for personal interview on 06 December 2016 between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. In the interview, the candidates will be evaluated by a panel of expert faculty on foundational as well as specialized topics of their background and research interests. For this purpose, the candidates have to submit as a part of their application (i) a one page statement of purpose, and (ii) record in the application form name(s) of faculty members at DA-IICT under whose supervision they propose to pursue their doctoral research. Final merit list for admission into the program will be prepared based on the written examination (wherever applicable) and/or the interview.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be notified to appear for registration, followed by document verification and payment of fees and on confirmation of admission a brief orientation program
Address for Correspondence:
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Near Indroda Circle
Gandhinagar - 382 007
Tel: (079) 30510574/575/576